Sunday, October 12, 2008

Illustration Studio III

Finally, I've charged my camera battery and took pictures of these to post. Yay, I've posted quite a bit today~ At least I'm being semi-productive... This was supposed to be a portrait assignment- a portrait of anything... I did a portrait of a creepy brat that I've made up myself... Ahaha, a little monster he is, gross and creepy lurking out of darkness... ~done in water color and Copic markers for a little bit, oh, and some white gouache. 

Happy happy collage time~ This is our poster assignment. I decided to do a nutritional poster for those who are healthy conscious or whoever wants to be pretty and healthy. ~done in water color, ink, and Copic markers. I first did the surface with water color washes, then I cut out little drawings of fruits, veggies and happy people, pasted them and did the bigger people last. I did paste on some cutout text, however, it wasn't all that great, so I took it off and did the text on the computer.

Biobot assignment: this here is a mushroom bot. He particularly likes flowers, so he waters them, protects them, and sings to them. Mushroom bot has defense mechanisms where he could definitely steam and burn whoever threatens and touches him. He collects water and nutrients through rain and through whatever nature can give him to nourish his flowers. ~done in water color and brownish micron pen.

Chipotle Napkin

It was a really spicy burrito...


This illustration is based off of Brasalina, a short story by Poe Ballentine--- done as an assignment for my digital illustration class. The story was told from the little boy's perspective in the 1950s, and this half-Indian Brazilian woman, Brasalina, is very exotic and lively, embracing life as opposed to the little boy's American parents. I wanted to capture the young beauty of Brasalina, her exotic nature, maybe, and her outlook of life. The little boy is sitting next to her, more or less experiencing what life and their surroundings could offer. First, I made a background of a seaside with a moody sunset color scheme on Photoshop, then I cut out the figures painted with water color, plus flower shapes from magazine material. I printed out the background, then pasted these things, scanned it in and worked on top of it with Photoshop. Here, I have two different versions... The first one is the updated version and the second one was what I turned in on Friday. The class didn't like the second one, hahaha, oops... so I had to redo it, whereas I cleaned it (the first one) up and played with it a little more... I hope it's better... I'm not sure if I'm going to turn it in yet... *sigh*