Sunday, October 12, 2008

Brasalina



This illustration is based off of Brasalina, a short story by Poe Ballentine--- done as an assignment for my digital illustration class. The story was told from the little boy's perspective in the 1950s, and this half-Indian Brazilian woman, Brasalina, is very exotic and lively, embracing life as opposed to the little boy's American parents. I wanted to capture the young beauty of Brasalina, her exotic nature, maybe, and her outlook of life. The little boy is sitting next to her, more or less experiencing what life and their surroundings could offer. First, I made a background of a seaside with a moody sunset color scheme on Photoshop, then I cut out the figures painted with water color, plus flower shapes from magazine material. I printed out the background, then pasted these things, scanned it in and worked on top of it with Photoshop. Here, I have two different versions... The first one is the updated version and the second one was what I turned in on Friday. The class didn't like the second one, hahaha, oops... so I had to redo it, whereas I cleaned it (the first one) up and played with it a little more... I hope it's better... I'm not sure if I'm going to turn it in yet... *sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger lwsketch said...

Beautiful
I think i like the second one better- the darkness around the figures makes them pop more, plus i think that flower was distracting from the first one.
i wish i was in class to see this and all the others! :(

October 13, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home